Thursday 2 August 2012

with apologies to John Denver and Peter, Paul and Mary

All our bags are packed
We're ready to go
Car is waiting.......

Time to get this show on the road.  All the luggage and camping gear have been stowed and we are good to go.  We ended up taking out the back seats on the van so that we have that area to stow some of the camping boxes and the suitcases.  The suitcases won't have to be moved until we get to the dock in Seattle.

I've done a final check of the weather and while it can always change and will, it looks to be fairly good for our chosen route.  The weather in Alaska, however, has not been too great.  There is a couple on the cruise right now who are also posting to the Roll Call for the Amsterdam and it has been cool and cloudy.  Temps have been running only in the mid 50s F.  We have rain jackets and sweaters packed.  It will be quite a change from our weather here in the midwest.

Just a housekeeping note: several people reading my blog have mentioned that they tried to leave a comment but had to create a login to do that.  If you have my email address, just send any comments to me there rather than creating a login for yourself.   I will be picking up my emails when I write my posts, hopefully on a daily basis.

So, a good night's sleep, cereal with the last of the milk tomorrow morning, empty the garbage, lock the doors and off we go.

See you on the road!!

No comments:

Post a Comment